The main objective of the course is to create a practical understanding of the Generally Accepted Compliance Practice Framework (GACP), including the Principles, Standards and Guidelines contained therein. This will assist participants in effectively aligning their compliance policies; framework/charters; structures, processes and compliance services to the GACPF with appropriate consideration of their organization, industry and environment. The key differences between the 2018 version of the GACP and the 2023 version to be released.
Course Approach and Content
The course will focus on the application of the GACP through facilitated discussions, practical exercises and sharing of experiences focusing on the key aspects of the GACP Principles, Standards and Guidelines relating to:
- Understanding the difference between a policy and framework/ charter.
- Why there are minimum standards for the compliance policy and framework/charter and how the omission of key aspects will have a negative effect on the effectiveness and adequacy of the compliance function and compliance processes.
- Developing/ updating compliance policies and frameworks/charters.
- Governance Structures
o Consider different governance structure options and models.
o Identifying the best fit for an organisation based on the strategy, environment and industry.
o Discussions on how the structure should address independence, conflict of interest, authority for compliance functions and resourcing.
- Compliance Function Structures
o Consider the key deliverables of a compliance function.
o Assess whether existing structures allow these deliverables to be met.
o Consider and discuss shortfalls and issues experienced by compliance functions and how these could be overcome.
Compliance Roles & Responsibilities
- Overview of the key roles and responsibilities within the governance and compliance structures.
- Consideration and discussion on how the roles and responsibilities of compliance functions should consider governance and compliance structures and vice versa.
Resourcing and Competencies
- How resources and competencies should compliment the compliance function to meet deliverables.
- Ways to improve competencies and resourcing to meet deliverables.
Compliance Processes and Activities
- High-level overview of the key compliance processes and activities.
- Brief overview of the existing courses provided by CISA and where the processes and activities are dealt with in more detail within the other courses.
- Consideration and discussion of processes and activities that may or may not be performed directly by the compliance function e.g. training and complaints. How these are dealt with by different organisations and where compliance involvement should be.
Organisational Context and Culture
· How the organisational context and culture influences the compliance function's independence, authority and value it can add to the
organisation's strategy on meeting compliance obligations.
Assessing the effectiveness of compliance structures and functions.
- Types of assessments and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Reviewing the effective implementation and application of the compliance policy, framework and processes.
- How assessments can lead to an improvement in the effectiveness and adequacy of the compliance function.
- Discussion on creating a roadmap to get compliance from the level of effectiveness the function is at present to where they want (or need) to be over a period in time.
Who should attend:
- Corporate clients
- Compliance officers
- Compliance administrators
- Compliance monitoring specialists
- Internal auditors
- Novices to compliance management
Member Early Bird rate: R 2,000 excl VAT / R2,300 incl VAT
Member Standard rate: R2,800 excl VAT / R3,220 incl VAT
Non-member Early Bird rate: R2,200 excl VAT / R2,530 incl VAT
Non-member Standard rate: R3,080 excl VAT / R3,542 incl VAT
CPD: 8 hours
1: Register for this event;
2: Your application will be approved by Finance once your billing info and ticket selection has been vetted and an invoice generated (if a paid for ticket);
3a: For Paid event tickets: Upon approval of your registration, an invoice is generated;
3b: For Free event tickets or once you have paid for your ticket: You will receive a confirmation email with your access pass, a calendar event to add to the event to your calendar and a meeting link (for a virtual event) or location for in-person events;
3c: You will be able see all your registered events on MyGlue, Events icon on the left ribbon and go to the "Upcoming events" tab OR click on the ticket icon on the top ribbon on MyGlue;
4a: Any special instructions or training material will be provided to you before the time;
4b: You will receive email reminders of the upcoming event in the days and hours running up to the event;
5: Remember to complete the required instructions to claim your CPD, e.g. complete the feedback or check-in to sessions;
6: Your CPD will be issued for your attendance.