Practical training course to understand and apply knowledge of compliance controls, control categorisation, effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy.
To assist the learner:
• to define the term 'compliance control' in their own words, and understand how compliance controls feature in varying degrees across all the phases in the Compliance Risk Management Process (i.e. profile, Compliance Risk Management Plan (CRMP), monitoring, reporting phases);
• to provide an overview of the key attributes of a control (type, category, degree of automation, frequency) that should be included in the organisation's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and CRMP;
• to use their understanding of control categories, types and levels of automation to provide value-adding advice to business on control enhancements and/or shifts in the control environment to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency;
• to formulate robust compliance controls that will enhance the quality of CRMP's and ease the monitoring process;
• to use their knowledge of control attributes in compiling a CRMP;
• to conduct the assessment of the Adequacy of a control and combination of controls to mitigate the risk of non-compliance to a provision of a compliance obligation by considering the efficiency, economy and existence of a control (practical methods and examples will be utilised);
• to conduct the Effectiveness of controls to mitigate the risk of non-compliance to a provision of a Compliance Obligation (practical examples will be utilised);
• to draft a control deficiency observation; and
• to determine the root cause for an observation.
Who should attend: We encourage Compliance Officers, Compliance Administrators and novices to compliance management or wanting to enter the compliance profession, or any other assurance provider from a combined assurance perspective to attend. The training programme would be ideal for those wishing to prepare for the Compliance Board Examinations, as it covers theoretical as well as practical aspects of the compliance control framework, especially as it relates to the CRMP and monitoring phases.
Member Early Bird rate: R 4,500 excl VAT / R5,1750 incl VAT
Member Standard rate: R6,000 excl VAT / R6,900 incl VAT
Non-member Early Bird rate: R 4,950 excl VAT / R5,693 incl VAT
Non-member Standard rate: R6,600 excl VAT / R7,590 incl VAT
CPD: 15 Hours
1: Register for this event;
2: Your application will be approved by Finance once your billing info and ticket selection has been vetted and an invoice generated (if a paid for ticket);
3a: For Paid event tickets: Upon approval of your registration, an invoice is generated;
3b: For Free event tickets or once you have paid for your ticket: You will receive a confirmation email with your access pass, a calendar event to add to the event to your calendar and a meeting link (for a virtual event) or location for in-person events;
3c: You will be able see all your registered events on MyGlue, Events icon on the left ribbon and go to the "Upcoming events" tab OR click on the ticket icon on the top ribbon on MyGlue;
4a: Any special instructions or training material will be provided to you before the time;
4b: You will receive email reminders of the upcoming event in the days and hours running up to the event;
5: Remember to complete the required instructions to claim your CPD, e.g. complete the feedback or check-in to sessions;
6: Your CPD will be issued for your attendance.