This represents the 1st Pilot exam, which provides you with an opportunity to assist in refining our assessment instruments. Be the 1st to get in on the action. Applications are limited to 30 entries for 2023.
Please take note that participation in this pilot exam does not guarantee that you will receive the AMLC Prac (SA) designation.
To determine if you are eligible for the pilot, please Complete this self-assessment and if you scored 70%+, you may proceed to APPLY for the exam.
What we expect from you as a Pilot examinee:
- Your feedback on the process: Feedback forms and timelines will be provided.
- Be a champion for the AMLC Prac (SA) designation in your networks.
The AMLC Prac (SA) provides an opportunity for those tasked with anti-money laundering (AML) / anti-financial crime (AFC) to professionalise their careers and to be awarded a SAQA-registered designation.
APPLICANT PROFILE and COMPETENCIES
Candidates are tasked with or involved in their organisation's anti-money laundering (AML) / anti-financial crime (AFC) efforts and activities. Typical activities include:
- Understand and being up to date with the AML / AFC regulatory framework, principles and standards, e.g FATF recommendations, FIC Act, etc.
- Implement and apply a risk-based approach to AML / AFC
- Assist with the compilation and evaluation of the organisation's Risk Management and Compliance program (RMCP)
- CDD / EDD
- Transaction monitoring
- Detect, investigate alerts, report suspicious activity (STR's)
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to legislative / regulatory requirements, alerts, suspicious or unusual activities
- Identify training requirements of the organisation, monitor that training is undertaken and compliant with regulatory requirements
- Continuous improvement of the AML / AFC RMCP / process
- Oversight and management of AML / AFC teams
- Understand the digital landscape, contribute to technology plan and the relevant technology requirements, identify system improvements or alternative systems that can improve overall team efficiency
- Qualification: Must hold at least Matric / NQF 4.
- Work experience: Must have at least 3 years' relevant work experience for NQF6+ | Lower than NQF 6 = 7-10 years of work relevant experience.
Remember - the lower the qualification, the more work experience will be required.
- Although we now allow non-members to apply for the designation, we will only award the designation to standard members, in good standing only.
- If you do not have your membership status by the time you pass the exam or succeed through the RPL process, you will need to acquire a standard membership to the Compliance Institute SA. Read more about membership here.
Registration closing: 9 October 2023, 17:00
Prep session: tentatively 20 October 2023, 09:00-10:30
Exam: 2 November 2023, time tbc, but reserve 08:30 - 9:30 (Registration), 9:30 - 12:30 (Exam)
- Closed book exam.
- Written in English.
- Candidates will be tested on standards as defined in the above profile and competencies list.
APPLICATION STEPS ONCE YOU SCORED 70%+ on the SELF ASSESSMENT
- Step 1:
- Pdf your self-assessment, sign and upload it with this application.
- Attach your latest Portfolio of Work chronicling your experience and speaks to the self-assessment competencies.
e.g. Tabulate your experience with this information:
Period | Employer | Role Business Area / Project | Summary of function, outcomes and objectives
e.g. 2022, Jan 1 - 2023- current | ABC Company | AML xyz role | Business Area or Project | Articulate what did you do in detail here that explains your function and demonstrates your experience.
- Step 2: You will receive an invoice within 2 working days for the application assessment fee.
- Step 3: Once we have received payment, we will evaluate your application for eligibility to sit for the exam on 2 November 2023.
- Step 4: Once you are deemed eligible to sit for the exam, we will advise you and send you a link to register for the exam and a link to register for the exam prep session.
The fees below include VAT and are payable in full upon receipt of invoice.
- Non-refundable application fee to evaluate if you meet the eligibility requirements to write the exam: R1,250.00
- Eligible candidates board exam fee: R4,250.00
- Eligible candidates RPL fee: R5,050.00
Although you could write the board exam as a non-member, designations are only awarded to standard members. It is therefore highly recommended that you register as a standard member before embarking on this process. Talk to us about a payment plan if needed. Read more about membership and fees here.